PointSolutions has experienced considerable turnover growth in recent years, attributed to the increase in larger clients and contract values and new App strategy successes.
Products and services
PointSolutions is accredited by Microsoft, providing development, design, implementation, consultancy, training, support and application services within the Azure, Office 365 and SharePoint frameworks.
Traditionally, PointSolutions sole focus was to provide specialist advice and expertise to businesses using the software but has recently developed a range of applications to drive business in the future and capitalise on the growing number of large SMEs and small corporates adopting the Microsoft Azure and Office 365 frameworks.
PointSolutions has created leading-edge ‘people-based’ Apps – PeoplePoint 365 (HRMS), LearningPoint 365 (LMS) and ApplicantPoint 365 (ATS). The Apps compliment PointSolutions custom Azure, Office 365 and SharePoint services, and vice versa.
PointSolutions turnover growth is largely due to; a rapidly expanding Office 365 / Azure marketplace; PointSolutions focussing on developing their partner network which has directly linked them to large corporates clients and finally the development of a suite of apps, developed and priced to specifically target businesses with 50 – 2,000 employees.
Customers and markets
PointSolutions client base includes several blue-chip companies, multinationals and SMEs. PointSolutions boasts a high retention rate of customers, 75% of which place repeat orders attributing to 50% of turnover in 2017.
PointSolutions has proven its ability to service the needs of both SMEs and multinationals.
In order to introduce higher quality development standards and exploit emerging opportunities within the App world, PointSolutions are seeking a CTO to oversee the strategic development and technical management of the business.
This is a cloud solutions focused role in an established and growing Microsoft solution specialist organisation.
Reporting into the Managing Director, this role offers the opportunity for the successful candidate to take up an executive leadership role leading the technical direction and strategy of the PointSolutions.
- Designing cloud solution architectures using the Azure stack
- Identifying and exploiting new technologies in the Azure stack
- Defining and implementing application lifecycle management (ALM) processes
- Defining and implementing best practices
- Defining technical KPIs and reporting to the business
- Managing, maintaining and improving the Microsoft Partner Status
- Designing and implementing multitiered Cloud Solutions in Microsoft Azure
- Planning and implementing Application Lifecycle Management processes
- Planning and implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment using Visual Studio Team Services
- Working with and implementing Agile methodologies
- Planning and implementing the following Azure services
- Azure App Service
- Azure SQL Server
- Azure Logic Apps
- Azure Functions
- Planning and implementing one or more of the following
- Azure Redis Cache
- Azure EventGrid
- Azure Key Vault
- Azure Queues
- Azure Table Storage
- Planning and implementing Azure Resource Manager templates
- Planning and implementing Azure Active Directory Authentication in cloud solutions
- Planning and implementing security in a cloud environment
- Designing and implementing Office 365 solutions
- Designing and implementing Mobile applications using Xamarin
- Planning and implementing Azure Managed Application for External Users
- Completion of one or more the following Microsoft exams is desirable
- 70-532 – Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- 70-487 – Developing Microsoft Azure and Web Services
- 70-535 – Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Approachable and confident with all audiences, technical and non-technical
- Able to communicate to technical and business audiences
- A good, confident and clear communicator
- Confident presenter – both on a 1-to-1 basis and to groups
- Enthusiastic and energetic in their daily working life
- Ambitious and flexible with a desire to succeed and progress both themselves and the business
- A fast and keen learner of new applications / technologies
- Self-motivated team player
- You want to help develop people skills
- Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas
- Reinforces team approach throughout development efforts
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organisation
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Maintains lasting client relationships
- Ensures that we consistently deliver superior technical solutions to clients
Your normal place of work will be at the following location(s):
- Century Business Park, Rotherham
- You will also be required to work at clients business sites
You are not expected to work overseas – without prior consent and agreement of overtime terms.
Remuneration & Expenses
The role and package will suit someone who relishes the opportunity to have direct impact and involvement in the continued development of a growing company with exiting prospects, and as such reap the benefits that such an opportunity brings as the company grows.
Salary commensurate with role + bonus + benefits
Hours of work
- You will be employed to work Full Time.
- Your normal working hours will be 37.5 hours per week.
- You will work on the following days: Monday to Friday.
- You will normally work between the hours of 09:00 and 17.30, but the 37.5 hours are flexible from Monday to Friday.
- You will never be required to work nights – without prior consent and agreement of overtime terms.
- You will occasionally be required to work weekends – with prior consent and agreement of overtime terms
- You are entitled to 25-days holiday per year – This excludes public holidays.
- You will occasionally be required to work public holidays – with prior consent and agreement of overtime terms.
- Your holiday year begins on 1st January.
- Unused holiday entitlement may be carried forward to the next holiday year. The amount of holiday that can be carried forward into the next holiday year is limited to 5 days.
- For every year of service your holiday entitlement will increment by 1-day – up to a maximum holiday entitlement of 30-days per annum.