PointSolutions have made some impressive efficiency gains to their PeoplePoint 365 HR Management System (HRMS) for Office 365.
In order to bring their HRMS product in-line with the growing market trend to be more self-sufficient, PointSolutions have automated a number of key areas around the implementation process. This enhancement will mean that organisations wishing to deploy their HRMS will not only have more control over the set-up, but will in-turn benefit from a reduction in costs and be up and running quicker. Dave Bailey – Marketing Director at PointSolutions adds:
“Organisations are telling us that they love the flexibility of the PeoplePoint 365 product, and would also like to simplify the install and set-up, so that those people within their organisations who are less technical can own the system as a whole.”
PointSolutions have responded to their customers by releasing a version which is lighter on the implementation time required, with no reduction in functionality. PointSolutions have invested time and money to speed-up the timeline from commission to go-live which include a number of technical and user adoption enhancements:
- Project Management – a consultative led approach based on the initial analysis means that HR and admin owners can contribute to the managed implementation process.
- Data Migration – employee data can be mapped and migrated easily using the PointSolutions migration tool.
- ER Manager Tool – this feature provides a live user interface (UI), to allow HR admin to sense-check the HRMS data set-up and ensure employee data set-up meets the required policies. Where problems in set-up are identified they can quickly and easily be fixed from this one UI removing the need for IT involvement, such as adding employees to security groups, the setting up of the security policies and setting up employee holiday entitlement control records etc.
- Security Matrix – this feature allows for employee data security policies to be auto-set at multi stakeholder level and multi context (i.e. view and edit controls) – adhering to Microsoft SharePoint security standards.
- Question-based wizards – PointSolutions use this model to map and match the range of processes for the configuration of each HRMS module /theme.
- Dashboard wizards – provide a self-service process for building stakeholder Information Dashboards.
Dave Bailey explains:
“Ultimately, PointSolutions are committed to enabling customers to take ownership of their systems and to receive maximum return for their investment and as quickly as possible. This methodology is also in-line with the Microsoft strategy to provide a single platform eco-system where users are empowered to do more and a world where IT departments are no longer the incumbents.”
PointSolutions have pointed out that some organisations and those with more complex needs or specific processes can still utilise the leaner product and have their requirements met by commissioning the custom development options available by PointSolutions.