PointSolutions work with businesses to provide private cloud SharePoint deployment.
We do this by working alongside your private cloud infrastructure provider or by introducing you to our own specialist private cloud partner.
The majority of on-premise considerations apply to the private cloud and as such require careful consideration and planning, areas where we can add value.
Our advice and support
- We will provide advice on licensing models for both internal SharePoint users (employees) and for external SharePoint users (non-employees – clients, partners, suppliers etc.)
- We will provide advice and guidance of SQL licensing models and configuration, as SharePoint utilises an SQL database management system which can be deployed on SQL Express (i.e. the free version), but this has a limit of 4gb (2005) or 10gb (2008 / 2012).
- We will provide advice on internal and external system connectivity and configuration.
- We will provide advice and guidance around system security including authentication models, authorisation policies, best practices and security certification. PointSolutions has a best practice guide for deploying SharePoint infrastructure security policies and we can provide this to the IT support company if required. Once deployed, we will advise, implement and train the relevant people on the security features within the SharePoint product itself.
We can also help with
- Antivirus – If you are using SharePoint to allow the publishing of information from external sources onto your intranet or extranet, it is important that your antivirus solution supports Windows SharePoint to monitor uploaded and downloaded files.
- Back-up and Recovery – A back-up and recovery policy, procedure will be required to ensure that not only is the data backed-up, but that it is backed-up in such a way that allows ease of restoration.
- Business Continuity – as the deployment scales it will evidently become more critical to the business and as such business continuity policies and procedures need considering in the event of loss of service.
For more information on how we can help you to deliver your SharePoint cloud solution contact the PointSolutions Team.